What in the world is going on? The only reason that I put up with 110+ degree summers is because it's not
supposed to snow here in the desert! But this last week you would think that I lived in the mountains or something! It has snowed literally every other day. And I
really don't like snow. I don't even think it's fun to play in. I guess it's kinda pretty but it's soooo dang COLD! I thought I already served my time in the snow when I lived in Logan for 4 years. That was enough!Oh and did I forget to mention that school was cancelled? Because our buses don't have snow tires. So we are having a snow day. Something that NEVER happened when I went to school here. However, the kids (and by kids I mean Caleb, Carson
and Allan) are absolutely thrilled and are going to build a snowman in a little while. I'm going to take pictures and then go back in the house. And sit by the fire. But here are some pictures of my former tropical paradise!

Want to go swimming?! Be sure to notice the poor palm trees in the back. You know, the stick looking things? I really hope that they don't freeze.


The front and back of our house. Yeah, there's about 5 inches of snow on the ground. Not much for most people but a lot for us!


My beautiful planter that had the most beautiful flowers growing in it. Reduced to this.

Our rosebushes and grapevines.

The sandbox with our uber-classy, high-dollar swing set.

Our fire pit and outdoor kitchen. Very sad!

My potted plants. I have a feeling that they aren't going to make it either!

And out on the horizon, there is more snow to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment