Monday, December 8, 2008

The Christmas decorating is DONE!!

I have a confession. I'm obsessive-compulsive about Christmas decorating. I won't let anyone help. They just do it all wrong and I have to fix it anyway! Well, I don't hang the lights on the roof because I'm not crazy but I do all the rest. And today I finished! Here are my Christmas trees and my Christmas Village. Its too dang cold and windy to take pictures of the outside of my house so I will have to post those later.
The Pretty tree that no one is allowed to touch. It kinda doesn't look pretty in this picture though!
The pretty tree all lit up. It looks prettier in this picture but trust me, it looks way better in real life!
The family tree. This has all the ornaments that were ever given to me or my kids. It also has the ornaments that my kids have made for me. Secretly, I love this tree the most.
The family tree all lit up and blurry. Still love it though. Oh and I only paid $10.00 for this tree. That makes it even more awesome.
Christmas village #1. Allan and I went crazy one year and bought everything we could find that was Christmas village related.

The other half of the Christmas village. They worked better in my other house, it had the perfect Christmas village shelf. One day I can set it up around my tree but that won't be for years I'm sure. Two boys and ceramic items aren't a good mix.

Now I have to finish all my family, friend and neighbor gifts (literally finish them. I making gifts for everyone. I do it every year. Yes, I'm psychotic. We established that when I cut my own hair.) Do Christmas cards. Wrap presents. Plan a family party. Make gingerbread houses. The list goes on and on! And amazingly enough, I finish every year. Mostly because I'm addicted to diet caffeinated drinks. They are what makes Christmas happen!

No comments: