Wow! I feel so accomplished! I finished so many projects this week. My Christmas cards are done and this is no small feat considering I do the Christmas cards for our business too. I mail out about 150 cards every year. But our customers are rad and they deserve to know how much we appreciate them so its totally worth it. And my family Christmas cards (posted below) are all ready to go, I just have to go to the post office tomorrow and get stamps.
Then, I finished all my crafty presents for my family and close friends. I made 14 really cute crafty gifts (I'll have to post a pic after Christmas if I remember, I can't say too much 'cause most of them read this...) And it was a process! Sanding, painting, applying vinyl, drilling holes, bending wire, and gluing them together. But they turned out so freakin' cute that it was worth it! And this year I remembered to put aside one for myself, which I always forget to do.
Then I have these really cute wood ornaments that I bought at least 4 years ago and I finally painted them. They were far more tedious to paint than I thought they would be but they turned out pretty fabulous. I just have to clear coat them but I couldn't yesterday because it was like a hurricane going on outside. Then I will put them on my family Christmas tree.
Oh and it SNOWED last night, to go completely off the topic. It didn't stick though. I even got to drive in it (the wind was far scarier than the snow) to pick up Caleb from his friends house. I need to go and assess the damages to my poor outside Christmas decor. Can I just tell you how much I really hate the wind? I hate it to the depths of my soul. Anyone who has ever worked a job that requires you to be outside all day long understands this. Mowing lawns in the wind is such a pain in the a** (I edited it for you mom). It is just misery at its finest. OK, I'm done with my rant, for now. Don't worry there is another rant to come in this post!
Lets see....I also put some finishing touches on my neighbor gifts. I just have to do some baking and those will be done. And that shows you how much I love my neighbors because I really don't like to bake so much. But I'm sure I'll survive. I'm just a baking wimp.
By the way, I did all of these things on Saturday. I went to bed at 2 but I haven't been sleeping too great lately so at least I did something instead of tossing and turning in bed.
We had our annual Christmas breakfast with our ward on Saturday morning. Allan was out of town taking a class to renew his Certified Flight Instructor certificate so I was on my own. It was fun after Carson quit crying. For some reason, he was crying for like the first 20 minutes. He kept grabbing his stomach and saying it hurt. But he wouldn't eat the night before so I'm thinking he was just hungry. Or maybe it was his antibiotics. But he got happier after he ate. I asked my friend to save us a place since I was a big loner and so our kids could play together. Actually, most of the kids Carson's age were over by us. The family we were sitting with had brought toys so all the kids kinda radiated our way. Which was awesome and they played really cute together! Caleb went outside and played football because he soo wasn't going to listen to the Choir sing. Then I got really kinda bugged because some lady who he didn't even know told him that he was being rude***(see disclaimer at the bottom) because he wasn't listening to the choir. OK, he's almost 9. He's totally into sports. Choirs singing just aren't his thing. Plus, I had already told him it was OK to go out and play football. Seriously. Some people are just lame. So I had to tell him (again!) that is was OK to go outside and play. Heaven forbid kids have fun at a Christmas party, LOL. Other than the rudeness incident, the party was fun and the music was great. The food was good although any food that I don't have to cook always tastes better!
On Friday night, I sat and organized all the digital scrapbooking folders on my laptop. It took forever but I did finish, YAY! Now all I have left is my external hard drive and the computer in my office, which should take about 12 more hours, LOL. I discovered that I have really cute stuff that I should use more often. And I got a lot of it for free. So that makes it even cooler.
On Tuesday, we had a progressive dinner for the R.S. Christmas party. I am on the enrichment committee so it was a crazy day. Not to mention that we were having the dessert portion at my house. So I spent the day cleaning and setting up and all that goes with it. My kids spent the afternoon hearing "If you mess up my house I will....(fill in threat here). I think Allan may have even heard that a few times too. But they were good sports and did what they were told and they put up with psychotic mommy because they knew that their real mom would come back soon. The party went really well and it was a lot of fun. The only bad part about being on the committee is I don't get to talk to as many people as I would have liked to. But its all good. I talk enough for 10 people on a daily basis anyway!
Well, its time to get ready for the day. It is noon after all! I hope your weekend was fabulous filled with productiveness too!
***Disclaimer: I generally don't have a problem with people telling my kids to quit being obnoxious. However, if its something that I already told them that its alright to do, please be respectful of my decision. If you have an issue with that, come and talk to me, don't chastise my child who had already asked permission. It is really irritating. And ironically enough, that is the definition of rude! Remember, if your pointing your finger at someone, four others are pointing back at you, you jacka**! Crap, now I'm being rude now too. See, its contagious.
Wood Mantle with Hidden Storage
3 years ago

2 comments:
Sounds like Christmas is in full swing at the Goeser house! I wish I could've been there for you progressive dinner. I'll bet it was fantastic as usual, and a lot of fun.
your so damn funny! I personally think it's better for the kids to be outside playing instead of being loud and annoying while other's are trying to enjoy the music.
Post a Comment