Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve...a little early

Since my last devastatingly boring post, I have been one busy lady (who isn't busy right now though!?) My mom and step dad arrived on time and in one piece, thank heavens! It has been awesome to have them here!

On Tuesday, my mom and I went shopping and I finished up all the last minute Christmas items that I needed. We always buy socks and underwear because what kid doesn't want that? My hubby and I do it every year as a joke. We think we are hilarious.

After our shopping adventure, we hauled our butts home to get the turkey (which turned out so delish!) in the oven for our early Christmas Eve celebration. We also had homemade stuffing, homemade cheesecake and all other sorts of good food. Tia, Cortney, Rylee, Stacha, Kenzi, Mom, Dan, Allan, Caleb, Carson and me were there to witness all this wonderful goodness.

Then we exchanged gifts and my mom wins the best gift of the year. On this tag, I complained about how I was completely traumatized about my mom throwing away my blankie. So she took action. I opened up my present and this is what I found....Its Blankie 2.0. Its even yellow gingham like my other blankie. Mom, you are forgiven. I love it!

My parents also bought the boys nerf guns that shoot little foam thingys with suction cups on the end and it has been nonstop entertainment! They had a huge shooting-fest last night. Allan and Cortney were loving them too. We should have bought them one.

Foam thingy stuck to the ceiling. Its been there all day. I have 12 foot ceilings and I'm not getting on a ladder to get it! It will fall down eventually, right?


Rylee was so dang cute! We gave her a doll and she LOVED it! She carried it around all night. I think she named her Sarah. And she also had her turn shooting the gun.

All in all, it was a fabulous night! Life is GOOD!

No comments: