Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday...pain and suffering and I'm not talking about the Cardinals!

This year, we decided to take a break from our annual Super Bowl party and just chill as a family. We totally slept in and missed church (oops! But kinda worth it.) and then did a bunch of stuff around the house and yard. I really didn't feel like doing anything but Allan guilted me into helping him. So we organized the garage, got our flower beds ready for spring planting, put all of the Christmas up and out of the way and then Allan took the boys and let me have a few minutes of silence. It was nice.

After they got home, I started to make snacks for the Super Bowl. I made Little Smokies, wrapped in bacon, covered them with brown sugar and then baked them until they browned. I think this is quite possibly the unhealthiest thing you could ever eat but since I had decided to have a free day from dieting, I figured I should make it worth my while! They ended up very tasty.

After I made those, I made up a batch of cookies that were pretty disgusting. I'm not sure what I did, but yuck! I had to have missed an ingredient somewhere which is quite possible since my kids would not leave me alone for a second when they got back home! At one point, they followed me to the bathroom and waited outside the door until I yelled at them to leave me alone for a minute! Seriously, it was annoying. And it ruined a batch of cookies.

Then, while I was making guacamole, I managed to cut in between my index finger and my middle finger with a serrated knife. Deeply cut would be more accurate. I hurried and grabbed a towel and wrapped my hand and then promptly laid on the kitchen floor because I was either going to pass out or puke. It hurt so, so, so much! Allan came over and tried to get me off the floor but every time I tried to sit up, I got completely dizzy. LAME! I finally crawled to the couch and let Allan take a look at my hand. He looked at it and announced that I was fine and to toughen up, I had given birth to two kids after all! (Yes, those were his words. Not kidding.) No sympathy for me! Since there was no way I was going to the ER on a Sunday, (I probably should have gotten stitches, I have realized in hindsight) I let Allan clean it and bandage it up. And now I have a 1/2 inch deep gash in between my fingers that I can't get wet or dirty. Which is great news for me because I was going to clean bathrooms but now I get to delegate instead. But really inconvenient because I can't do my hair because it hurts to have my hand above my head for too long. Oh well! This too shall pass. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a less painful day!

1 comment:

Elder Larkin said...

Wow Amy! You guys have had some really bad luck lately. I'd laugh, but cutting your finger just isn't funny. I sure hope you're okay.