Spike was a great pet, easy to love and even though he was pretty high maintenance for a lizard, we really liked having him around. Not that I would touch him or anything but I still really loved him. Secretly, I think he loved me the most (aside from Caleb, of course) because I was around all day and he knew my voice because I'm on the phone most of the time. Plus, I fed him a lot and he liked to eat his crickets.
We had a little burial for Spike too. We asked Caleb if he wanted to say anything and he said "he was a good lizard" through tears. Then we put his shoebox coffin in the very deep hole that we dug in the garden.
I will not miss the noisy crickets.
But Spike, we will miss you!
Spike on his rock in the backyard. He was so lazy that we could leave him there and he would never move. In my next life, I want to be a domesticated lizard.
Baby Spike. He almost blends in with Caleb's shirt. He was so little and cute!
Can you just feel the love that he has for Spike? Spike was a bribe for behaving for my mom when Allan and I went on vacation to Mexico.

3 comments:
Oh, poor Caleb, that's so sad! Pets teach kids some great lessons but the death thing is a hard concept to deal with and understand sometimes. I think it's great you had a lizard funeral. :)
"Amy, I think your lizard had a baby." Just had to share my memory of Spike. Little did I know Spike was a he. But I feel sad for Caleb. It is definitely hard to lose a pet.
Hehehe! I forgot about the lizard baby!
Post a Comment