Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MIA for a while. But here is an update of the fam and all things related.

Let's see, where to start?

Well, last year for Valentines day we bought a motor home. We used it a few times and found that it was just too small for us. So in September we sold it to a very sweet retired couple and it was absolutely perfect for them. Any who, guess what we got?




Personally, I think we should find a better way to spend our time in February then driving all over the country. Maybe next year. But hey, this trailer is here to stay, its awesome. Its a 32 foot Weekend Warrior toy hauler. We got a smokin' deal, we paid about half of what its worth. Even better, Allan and I got to drive to California and back all by ourselves and actually have a real conversation and everything. It was pretty fabulous.

And Valentines was particularly great because we celebrated it early and then I left town to have a quick scrapbook getaway with my friends Nat and Heidi. My niece Stacha came with me too. I dropped off my broken laptop to Nat's hubby Jesse, who is going to fix it and make it all better. I actually used some of my abundant scrapbook collection too, which is an added bonus. Too bad the weather sucked and we had to come home on Sunday instead of Monday.

And speaking of Valentines, here are our projects this year.


The 40 Valentines that I made this year. It was much easier after the kids were in bed and I finished them by myself. My boys just don't get the concept of crafts. They really are just like Allan. I guess my craftiness will never get passed on to anyone in my family!


The close up of my craftiness. Not as cute as I wanted them to be but they are just going to get thrown away, right?

The brownies Carson just had to have for preschool. I made them cuter with a cookie cutter. I really wanted to do cookies but I got vetoed. After all, they are for Carson, not me. I ate the cut out parts. YUM!


YAY! Mom did something right! Carson did help with the cookie cutter so maybe all hope is not lost on the craftiness gene yet.
And now, some random pictures of the kids!









And here are some pictures that I got from Carson's preschool. LOVE THEM!!














And finally, what in the heck would cause a praying mantis to do this?


Answer: A bunch of 3 and 4 year old preschoolers poking and prodding the poor thing to death!

Oh and by the way, Caleb passed his hearing test. He had a cold and they think that's why he didn't pass. WHEW! I also took Caleb to the orthodontist today and he definitely needs braces. He has an interesting set of problems and we will find out more at his next appointment. I'm hoping it doesn't get too expensive! His ortho doesn't think it should be too big of a deal so I'm not going to stress unless I have to!

1 comment:

{sheree} said...

Sounds like a really fun Valentine's Day! It was great to get caught up!