Tuesday, October 20, 2009

To be a fly on the wall in my house would be very entertaining...

Conversation in the kitchen tonight:

Amy: Look honey! I finally figured out my Silhouette! It is so freakin' awesome!
(said Silhouette is cutting out my latest craft project at the time.)

Allan: Cool. But that thing is loud! You should go use it in your office.

Amy: I'm using it in MY kitchen. You should go to YOUR office if you don't like it!

Allan: You're becoming a technology junkie.

Amy: Yeah, I'm a regular computer geek. (seriously, I wish I was a computer geek. I think computer geeks are quite possibly the coolest people ever!!)

Moral of the story: Never kick me out of my own kitchen while I'm doing something that I'm obsessing over. It brings out the mean person in me.

OK, here's the back story to this whole conversation and you will see why I was so irritated.

A year ago, I was at Scrapbook USA and my friend Nat and I came across this awesome deal on vinyl. Since we already owned a Cricut, we were just going to use it to cut our vinyl. Until the lady who sold us the vinyl told us about this cool digital craft cutter called the Silhouette. And she also told us they were selling it at a phenomenal discount. So we went over to the booth that was selling the Silhouette and ordered one. Yes it was an awesome price, so awesome that I just couldn't pass it up.

So, it finally comes in the mail and I'm so excited to get it out and start cutting vinyl for all these cool projects that are always floating around in my head. So I open the box, take everything out and.....seriously, those are all the instructions that they give us? I mean, the instructions were as clear as mud. So I decide to go to their website and see if there are any tutorials on there. Nope. I google it. No instructions there either. I call them, leave a message. No call back. So I put it in my office and get distracted with life for a while. I pulled it out a few times when I went to scrapbook but I could never really get the hang of it so back in my office it went.

But the other day I get an e-mail from the company to come and see their new designs that they have for the Silhouette. And guess what they finally did? They put a tutorial up! Whoo-Hoo! So I spent all day installing software, the driver, the cutest designs that they have for it (I think I've downloaded over 3500 designs already) and then I turned it on and actually used it!

I'm in a crafty person's heaven. I heart my silhouette. Now I'm gonna go cut out a haunted house and then bling it up tomorrow. Sigh.....life is good.

No comments: