Sunday, October 18, 2009

So blessed...

I have to get serious for a minute but don't worry, it won't last long, I'm not a very serious person!

I'm so blessed in my life right now, even though health wise I'm not feeling my best and Carson is sick too.

Since I've gotten into Facebook, I've gotten to hear about all the trials***(see note at the bottom) in my friends lives. For instance, a gal that I knew in high school has got to be one of the toughest people I know! Her husband was in a motorcycle accident (not his fault, a car hit him) this year and they've been trying to recover from that. Then she finds out her dad has cancer. Then she has a miscarriage. HOLY CRAP!! If that was me they would have to put me in a padded room because I would have lost it! Or my other dear friends who are struggling in their marriages, or with their families, or with depression, or with health problems, or with WHATEVER!! But its these same people who are the most amazing, telling about the blessings in their lives, pulling through with a smile on their face and the eagerness to help out their family and friends. WOW!! What an awesome example of how to live your life. YOU ROCK!!

I heard a saying that goes something like this "If everyone put all our problems in a pile, we would quickly take ours back." Seriously, isn't that so true? I mean, I know how to deal with my problems most of the time because they usually stem from the same source: family. Now this doesn't mean my entire family, just a few select people who chose to whine, be unhappy and somehow manage to try to find reasons that its my fault. Its all very annoying but not tragic in any way (which I'm grateful for!!) because when I calm down, after all the inevitable drama that comes with it, I know its their crap and not mine.

I'm blessed with a happy marriage, the best kids a mom could ask for, healthy kids, health in general, good parents, awesome friends, an amazing ward who knows that I'm crazy but likes me anyway, great neighbors that more than cancel out the psycho ones, getting to traveling all over the place. The list could go on and on but I'll stop for now.

So if you've got a minute, count your blessings.


***DISCLAIMER!! I love that I hear about all the happy stuff too. AND I promise that I'm not thinking that you are whining! You are just being real and I love it! Fake people drive me crazy so keep it real and keep it coming~!!***

1 comment:

Hopie said...

Thanks, Amy. You build me up so much. It's because of people like YOU that I am able to keep my head up and keep the whining to a minimum. I am so blessed to have your influence on me. "And this too shall pass" is what keeps going through my mind this last few months, and guess what? It is passing!!!! Thanks for seeing the glass as half full (of Coke, of course)!!!