Thursday, January 22, 2009

Random Stuff.

I hardly ever go to the movies. I rent DVD's all the time. But I never go because it just a process. Either I have to find a babysitter or I have to take the kids and most of the time both of these things are a pain. But apparently 2009 is the year to go to the movies for me! Two weekends in a row, baby!

I went to Gran Tourino, which was and awesome movie and I love, love, love it. But it is full of foul language and racial slurs so if these things are completely offensive to you, I would recommend that you stay away. However, since it just sounded like racial slurs aren't offensive to me, let me just say I really, really don't like them! In the end, the movie redeems itself, foul language and all! It is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Clint Eastwood was amazing and the storyline was riveting. I can't even tell you too much about it because it will ruin the movie if you go. But take my word on this! It was awesome.

I also saw Bride Wars. It was cute and it reminded me all over again why I hated planning my wedding. Although I would hope that people weren't really like that about their weddings, it was funny to watch. We went for a Girls' Night Out and we had a blast! I always say there's nothing better than a $3.25 Icee at the movies. They just don't taste the same anywhere else. So I have had $6.50 worth of Icee's this month of Icee goodness!

On the home front, I got a call from the speech therapist the other day. Caleb failed his hearing test at school. So I'm a little freaked out but I'm trying not to stress too much about it because I'm sure that the tests at the school aren't too accurate, right?! So we have an appointment tomorrow to have it checked again just to make sure.

Did you know that Facebook is really cool? I'm lovin' it! I have been finding my family and tons of my old high school friends, plus all the cool friends I talk to all the time. It's the adult answer to myspace. OK I have a myspace account too but I don't love it like I love Facebook!

I watched the inauguration this week too. For the first time, I have a little hope for our new president. Maybe it is because of the lack of respect shown for George Bush for so long. I was really disgusted with the crowds of people at the inauguration that were boo-ing him and singing na-na-na-na, hey-hey-hey, goodbye. Like him or not, he was still our president and he deserved more respect than that. So for that reason alone, I'm going to give Obama a chance to see what he will do for us. I'm not holding my breath or anything though. But I have to admit when the Bush's hugged the Obama's when they were leaving to fly back to Texas, I did gain a little respect for him. It really impressed me that they could be so decent and kind to each other after such a nasty election. I think that George Bush will always be my favorite president. He will be a tough act to follow. Someday I hope that he is given the credit that he deserves because I think he got ripped to shreds in the press. But I won't get started on that! I'll just leave it as this: He made me feel safer in an unsafe world. OK, I'll get off my soapbox now.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I hope everything turns okay with Caleb's hearing test. :)

Wendi said...

I totally agree with your soapbox! :)

I haven't seen either of those movies--thanks for the reviews!