Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm baack!

OK, this post is going to be of many random things so just bear with me, ok?! I'm just overflowing with thought!

First of all, I love Sara Palin!



I think she is an awesome choice for VP! I love that a woman that I can relate to will (hopefully) be in the White House! She has a family, she is a hockey mom, and she loves her husband. Wow, what a concept! Finally, someone in this race that I can stomach...she is the perfect choice. I wish she was running for president. I would be out on the streets campaigning for her! LOVE HER! She is what politics should be. OK I feel better, I have wanted to post that for weeks!



I know, I know, you want to know about my cruise. Well, we had a great time! But in the same breath, I don't really love the cruising thing. Its too scheduled for me. Be on the boat at 4. Dinner is at 8. Blah blah blah! Plus, everything on the boat is just too damn expensive. No thanks! Give me a hotel with a beach front any day. Cruising just ain't for me.



OK the funniest thing happened the first night at dinner. We all ordered shrimp cocktail and Allan was like "why is there only 4 shrimp on the plate, there should be 10." So he tells this to our waiter and the waiter says "you want 10, I'll bring you 10" and instead of 10 shrimp on a plate, he brought out 10 plates of shrimp! So we are all laughing our butts off eating shrimp because there was no way we were going to let all that good shrimp go to waste!

MMMM....Shrimp

Anywho, we went to San Diego on Tuesday. We went to Sea World and that was pretty dang cool. Those animals have got talent! I think this was the most fun that we had on the whole cruise. I'm not gonna lie, amusement parks without your kids are way more fun!




Loving those sharks!


Taking the pink flamingos for a walk. Does anyone know why pink flamingos are pink? Because they eat shrimp...We have decided that Allan should be pink too from all the shrimp he ate the night before.

The coolest looking lizard I have ever seen. And no, I didn't touch it.

The second day of the cruise, we went to Catalina Island. We went on a tour of the island and then to the Wrigley Memorial Bontanical Gardens. The island is very pretty. If you want to spend a fortune on a t-shirt and a meal, this is the place to go! HAHA, just kidding. I'm sounding a little cheap in this post but those who know me know that's not true. OK, back to Catalina. After the tour we went and played on the beach. It was the smallest beach I have ever seen! But it was cool to just chill out and get a tan while my husband played in the ocean like a little boy. Honestly, I have never seen Allan as happy as he is when he gets near the ocean. It is hilarious!

Allan and me on the tour. We were the youngest people on the tour by like 40 years, LOL. Even the bus driver didn't believe we were on the tour. He said we were way to young, HAHA!
We love those pretty flowers! If my hubby wasn't a landscaper, I would worry about what his love of flowers meant...
Insert joke here. I know that we made a whole bunch!


Up on Wrigleys Memorial. Nate, Andrea, me and Allan. Aren't we just so hot?
In front of the cool looking fountain. Those are all handmade tiles. I think they are nifty.



The next day we were in Ensenada, unfortunately. It was lame. We went back to the ship and took a nap. Later that night, Allan and I went to karaoke and it was so funny to watch! Seriously, I was laughing so hard that I had tears running down my face. People will do anything for attention that's all I can say! After listening to the many "talented" singers we went to a comedy show and the guy was actually pretty funny. Then we realized it was like 2 in the morning and we had to be up at 6 to go home so we went to bed. End of cruise. Drive for 7 hours. Then we were home!

To be continued.....


1 comment:

Elder Larkin said...

OH my gosh! Sounds like you guys had a great vacation!