
Today is our 10 year anniversary! At this time that I am typing this we were having our wedding ceremony 10 years ago at the beautiful Pine Valley chapel, the oldest chapel still in use by the LDS Church. At the age of 22, I was older than most of my friends when I got married, Allan was younger than most of his. How ironic is that? I'm very fortunate to be married to my best friend, the person who knows all my bad traits and loves me anyway. He is a great husband, a wonderful father and a man of high integrity. He is the love of my life. We truly enjoy each other's company.
The top 10 reasons that I love Allan
1. He is fun. We are always doing something, anything to keep us from being bored. Boredom is not an issue in our marriage. We love to go on adventures together.
2. He loves me even though I am a slob and he's not. I know that it makes him crazy to come home to a messy house everyday but he rarely makes a comment about it. My gift to Allan today is to come home to a clean house!
3. He is the kind of father that every boy should have, mostly because he still acts like a kid! Its not uncommon to see Allan flying down the street on Caleb's 50 motorcycle. He like to play games, sports, hunt and camp. And the boys adore him. Carson thinks that daddy is the coolest person ever! I think he's cool too.
4. He is the love of my life. Period. No questions asked.
5. He thinks that I am beautiful even though right now I'm about 20 pounds heavier than I am comfortable with (my own insecurity not something that he said to me!). It is nice to be adored by your husband.
6. He is a great provider. This man will work from sun up until sun down to make sure that his family will never go without. A few years ago, we were broke. Allan went out and washed windows, going from door to door, to make sure that we had food on the table and diapers for Caleb. He is amazing.
7. He makes me happy. He is always doing crazy things that make me smile.
8. He gives me time away to have a weekend with the girls. It makes me be a better mother and wife when I get the break and he understands that I need this.
9. He loves to take me out on dates. Its never an issue to get a sitter and go out to spend time together. It is awesome to be married to your best friend.
10. He spoils us all. A lot. New house? Check. New car? Check. Want new clothes? Check. But he is spoiled too and that's OK with me!
I love you babe!

4 comments:
Happy Anniversary! You guys are such a great couple! It looks like you guys had a fun cruise! We need to get together now that you are back! =)
Happy Anniversary you two! I wish you 50 more!
Happy Anniversary! CONGRATS on 10 years! WHOOHOO!
he sounds like a keeper. love a hubby that doesn't mind spoiling ya and taking you on dates.
Awww, how sweet was that? I totally agree that you guys have a great relationship and are one of the coolest couples I know.
Happy Ten Years!
Post a Comment