Sunday, August 24, 2008

What did we do this weekend?

Well, first of all, I didn't take one single picture of any of the many fun things we did this weekend, OOPS! On Friday, we had a fabulous BBQ at my house with my very cool friends. We had Todd and Emma and kids, Nate and Andrea and kids, Ike and Nicky and kids and Tia and Rylee all come over for our "End of Summer" fest. We swam, ate and just had a blast! It was just so fun and relaxing. Tia and Rylee had a sleepover because Cortney was on the bow hunt. We stayed up until one in the morning talking without even realizing it! Then of course, the kids got up bright and early.

On Saturday, after we finally got up and going, we loaded up the camper and went up to Gardner Ranch. Our friend Andrea's family owns this ranch and it is so cool! Its the ultimate camp site. There is a pool that is filled by a natural spring, a large grassy area with a playground, and 1700 acres of ATV riding. Oh, and it has bathrooms and a shower. It is awesome. We had a great time! This will probably be our last camping trip of the summer too. :(

On Sunday, we were going to come home about noon (Stake Conference today, YAY!) but the kids were having so much fun that we stayed there until almost three. Then we came home and I made a prime rib dinner (YUM-O) and put the kids to bed. And needless to say, I am dead tired! So I'm hoping that this post makes sense. If not, oh well, I tried!

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Nat Nat said...

Makes perfect sense. Sounds like so much fun. I can't wait till I have a yard so I can have a friends included BBQ.

Our weekend was fun too. Jaden got to pass the sacrament for the 1st time. It was do fun to watch him. And guess what? I even got a little bit of sleep. WOO HOO