Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day ***a few days early***

I decided this year that Mother's day should last the entire weekend. On Friday, Allan took Caleb and Carson to Father and Son's. YAY! An entire night alone, it was awesome! My very own mommy vacation.

On Saturday, we invited over a few friends and had a swimming party, complete with 2 barbeques, for lunch and dinner. Allan, being the cheapskate that he is, decided that we shouldn't heat up the pool. So everyone huddled into the jacuzzi. I told Allan if he would just heat up the pool 4 degrees, the kids would get out of the jacuzzi and play. So he did and the kids played in the pool the rest of the day. Except Carson. The jacuzzi, in his own little mind, is his very own pool. It was a great day, getting to hang out with our friends. I think we're all coming out of hibernation.

I'm so happy that we spent the weekend doing exactly what we wanted to do. Happy Mother's day to me!


2 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

Oh, I love your pool and jacuzzi! It looks just like a little spa vacation. I'm so glad that you got to spend your weekend just how wanted it.

Nat Nat said...

Glad you had fun. I love your pictures I can't belive how great your yard looks. Well I can but I mean..... my dirt..... ya you know what I mean. AWESOME!