Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Again? Seriously??

Caleb's side is still hurting so I took him to the Dr. yesterday. We were there for almost 2 hours because they are baffled about what is going on! OK, just so you know my Dr. is awesome, so don't doubt her abilities, its just that this is a tricky diagnosis. I almost wish that they would take out his appendix just to see if that would alleviate the pain. But I don't want him to have to have unnecessary surgery either. Those of you who know my Caleb know that he is a walking stick, no body fat anywhere to be found. This could be the reason why his appendix isn't showing any problems. There is usually a fatty layer (called some big Dr. word) but because he is so skinny he might not have this fat. Pretty crazy, huh? So he gets to have an ultrasound tomorrow morning to get a clearer picture of what is going on. I just want him to get better. Poor little man, he has the personality of a grumpy bear right now because he just doesn't feel well. Its been 2 weeks since we were in the ER and I am ready to have my happy-go-lucky kid back!

Plus, on top of it all, its the end of the year testing! But his teacher is so awesome. I called her this morning and she told me she had been worried about him too because he just isn't acting himself lately. She said that they would do the testing around any Dr's appointments and to just get him better! I really appreciated that because I know that it is really inconvenient to have to do testing for just one kid, especially at the end of the year.

I'm longing for a week that something crazy doesn't happen. Do those happen anymore or am I doomed for life to live in Crazyville?

5 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

Oh, we sure hope Caleb gets feeling better and that you can get to the bottom of whatever it is. It's good you have a good teachert too. Mrs. Maserang is awesome!

Elder Larkin said...

PS. Is Melinda married yet? I don't think I ever knew her wedding date. Where is she living?

Jana Homer said...

Let us know what's going on with Caleb! Hope he's feeling better soon!! By the way, I'm the mayor of Crazyville, so welcome!

KunkaBlog said...

Amy, I don't like it when one of my boys is sick. I hope they figure out whats wrong. I hope you feel better soon Caleb. See you in June.

Nat Nat said...

I know you didn't have multiple children and actually expect to escape crazyville. Did you?