Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm very grateful...

This is a phrase that I have been using a lot lately. Because I have a roof over my head. Because my husband is still working even though construction is frustratingly slow. Because my kids are healthy and happy. I'm so grateful for the little things in my life. I'm grateful that I listened to that still, small voice about getting my food storage stocked.

I'm going to keep trying to stay positive about everything because I have to. It is the only way I can think these days. Because I know that our great country will get through this.

Things to be grateful for (other than the things listed above, LOL)

~Gas prices! Yay! So much cheaper. Its nice when your fuel bill is cut in half. We own several work trucks for our landscaping business so this is something that eases our stress. And I'm sure its easing the stress for everyone else too!

~Good friends. Anytime I need to whine, I'm so grateful to those friends who listen and tell me everything is going to be fine. They always cheer me up and help me to see the positive side to every situation. They even tell me when I am wrong and I appreciate their honesty! You guys rock!

~The holiday season. I. LOVE. IT! I love Thanksgiving with all my family just there, with no where else to be. I love the turkey and the plans of what to cook with it after. I love when I feel the spirit of Christmas hit. I love the music, the lights, the decorations. It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

~OK this might sound lame but I'm grateful for online shopping. I love being able to price shop without leaving the house. Plus, I have gotten some killer deals on Christmas presents and they even shipped them for free!

~I'm grateful that my mom and step dad can fly out for Christmas this year. Its going to be a quick visit but I'm so thrilled that they are coming out!

~My kind neighbors who have made us feel welcome when other neighbors were literally complaining about us nonstop for B.S. reasons (really long story.) You are one of the reasons we aren't going anywhere. Our house will be off the market at the end of this year. Thank you for those who stopped by and stood up for us, you will never know how much that has meant to us.

~Those friends that I don't talk to very often but when I call them, its like we just talked yesterday. I'm so glad that we are friends and I'm looking forward to the days when we can see each other more often.

~Blogging. Even though I don't do it even as often as I like, I'm so glad that I can have a record of the things that our family is doing because I would hate to forget these years with them.

I hope that everyone who reads this can take the time to think of all the things that they are grateful for in their lives. It has helped me with that being sucked into a "black hole" perception that is everywhere these days.

I feel like I just wrote a talk for Church! LOL But its what I'm feeling and I'm sure someday I will be able to look back and be grateful that I took the time to write this.



3 comments:

{sheree} said...

What a sweet post Amy! Hey...my parents are coming for a very quick trip for Christmas too...maybe we could all get together then?

Elder Larkin said...

Yea me too. I just wrote a "thankful" post because we all really do have lots to be grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

Crazymamaof6 said...

way to be positive! i'm loving gas prices. and they keep getting better and better!

awesome you have kind neighbors. and family coming to visit. yay!