So on Sunday, our house and several of the neighbors houses were struck by lightning. No one was hurt but every ones electronics suffered tremendously. Our satellite dish was hit and it blew out the "junction box thing" (that's the technical term right?) and it also took out our Internet. But we were lucky. Most of our neighbors had to call electricians because of all the damage done.
The first time I was struck by lightning, we were in an airplane that Allan was flying. Probably the scariest moment of my life. The flight following people (another technical term, I'm sure) thought that our plane had crashed because we disappeared off their radar. Now I don't fly if there are any clouds because it freaks me out!
So, have you ever been struck by lightning?
(Yes I realize I was in my house and I survived but I'm still feeling a little leery of the whole lightning thing. Maybe Heavenly Father is trying to tell me something. I wish he'd find a different way! LOL)
I want to hear your stories!
Wood Mantle with Hidden Storage
3 years ago

6 comments:
Amy that sounds scary to me. Iam glad you are all well and glad your house didn't get too much damage.
Bridget
holy cow that's scary! my grandpa's house burned to the ground in 3 minutes flat because a palm tree next to it was struck and caught on fire. CRAZY.
What are the odds of getting struck by lightening once let alone twice?!
I thought that lighting was close! It totally woke me up on Sunday. Yes Amy, Heavenly Father is trying to tell you to quit having so much fun! Ha ha ha! Your awesome girl! Glad you guys are okay!!
Holy crap! That sounds pretty scary to me!
Hmmm, maybe I won't stand too close to you...I can't believe you flew with Allan anyway! Not that I wouldn't trust him, it's just that tiny planes freak me out.
Glad to hear your house wasn't blown out too much. Do you wear a lot of metal? :)
Post a Comment