Friday, April 11, 2008

Whew...I'm glad this week is over.

TGIF!! Thank Goodness Its Friday. I haven't been so happy to see a week end in a long time! But finally, everyone seems to be healthy. Allan took off for the drag races yesterday afternoon so I'm being a lazy bum. But I had to clean this morning because the primary president was coming over and I couldn't let her see what a messy pig I have been. But really, we have all been so sick that I haven't really cared if the house was clean because I was pretty sure that I was dying. You don't have to clean when your dead, right? So any who, she came over and was preparing Caleb to be baptized. It was very sweet, she is an amazing woman.

Grandma's funeral was yesterday and Allan's mom did the eulogy. She did an amazing job. I got a kick out of the stories about Grandma. She was a hard working woman with many amazing talents. But that woman could drive a sane person nuts! I actually did get along with her until the dementia kicked in. Then for some reason I became the bad guy. But with Grandma I choose to remember the good times. She liked to speak her mind and I can admire that. She used to ask me all the time if I had gotten a boob job. Or why we can't just move our landscape business to California so we can live closer. Or if we could just change our wedding date because it interfered with "Melon Days" (a big festival in the town where she grew up that she went to every year) after we had already sent out the invitations. Personally, I got a kick out of her most of the time, except for when she told me that I was Satan. On Caleb's blessing day. When I had postpartum depression. But you had to know that's just who she was. And as demanding as she was, she was just as giving. She used to give the grand kids money for food storage every year. She also used to get us into Disneyland for free, she had a friend who worked there and she somehow talked him into getting all her grand kids and great grand kids in for free. Caleb has been to Disneyland at least 8 times and we have only paid once! And she loved for us to come and visit her, she always made sure that we were well taken care of. She would feed us until we almost exploded. I will always hold her dear in my heart for the way that she took care of everyone. I'm glad that she can be with Grandpa now, she has earned a spot in heaven. We love you Grandma!

2 comments:

Nat Nat said...

So cute Amy, sorry to hear about grandmas passing. I know it was hard on Allan. I am sure that it has been hard with her dimentia and that alot of thos crazy things she said weren't really her. Well except for you being Satan that is just too true remember I saw your red pitchfork in the garage. LOL Kidding you are way to sweet to be satan.

Jana Homer said...

Hope your all feeling better, I'm sorry to hear about Alan's Grandma!