Tuesday, February 8, 2011

~Our Wedding Day~


We were married on September 19th 1998.  We had been dating for 4 years and living together for 2 and we decided to make it legal.  After all, there was no one else in this world who would put up with my crap and vice versa.

We were married at the Pine Valley Chapel.  This chapel was built in 1868 and was built by a ship builder.  He figured if he just built an upside ship, it would work as a church!  It is the oldest LDS church 
still in use.  

Those that know me, know that I have a weakness for anything with a rich historical background.  

We were married outside an it was a gorgeous day.  Too bad bridezilla showed up.  Now, I wasn't a spoiled rotten, bratty bridezilla.  I was the only person who knew what was going on.  My parents both lived out of town and so I pretty much planned the whole thing pretty much on my own.  If it hadn't been for my friend Stephanie, I would have been in an institution instead of a wedding dress!




Honestly, I don't remember a lot about our wedding day, except for me doing a lot of yelling and bossing people around...Hey, if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself!
Not gonna lie, kissing pictures are awkward...
It's one of those cheesy wedding poses...gotta love them!


I do remember cutting the cake.  We had a full blown cake fight.  Our parents had to separate us.  Allan was sooo mad that I shoved cake in his face after he was so nice to me.  But seriously, what did he expect from me?!  Silly husband.  I guess he learned how unpredictable I really was that day...

Sixteen years later (counting the dating years) we are still together, happy, in love and plan to stay that way forever!!!

(I will have to post more pictures later.  I finally got a scanner that works so I can post some of the "forgotten" pictures that we have.)  

1 comment:

Hopie said...

LOVE IT!!!!! What an honest post and the pictures are SO cute!!! I really think you 2 were made for each other!!!!