Sunday, January 16, 2011

As for the rest of 2010...

 As I was making our calendar (with a little help from shutterfly.com) I discovered that I didn't blog about some super cool things we did this past year.  So I'm going to get caught up :)

The MLS Cup
In February, Real Salt Lake won the MLS Cup.  They were awesome enough to tour the state of Utah to show it to the rest of us who live too far away!  So we took our boys from SC Ivins (SC Crew now, that's weird!) to check it out.


I didn't blog in April at all.  We lost Allan's sister, Malinda, on March 28th. She had a lifetime of health problems and we were lucky to have her for as long as we did.  Life just was a big blur and I really can't remember what happened.  Good thing I took pictures or I still would be lost.  It was a tough time that I can't even put into words how you can feel when you lose a sibling.  I'm glad my last words to her were "I love you."  

OK, now that I'm all choked up, I think I'll move on!

Caleb turns 10!
Caleb turned 10 on March 30th and we had a soccer party (big shocker, I know!) with all his friends.  We had 35 kids at our house.  They ate EVERYTHING that I had bought for the party and I assure you, it was enough to feed an army!!!  But they had a great time and even though there were so many kids here, they were AWESOME to hang out with.  Super polite and freakin' hilarious!  I really like Caleb's friends, they are good people :)




For his "real" birthday, we took him to Texas Roadhouse to eat.  I was really glad he'd chosen there because you can really EMBARRASS your loved ones there.  BAHAHAHAHA!  But he's not one to get embarrassed (because he's just a cool kid!) and he jumped on the saddle and they sang to him.

After dinner, we went back to our house for cake and ice cream.  Tia got him this super cool cake, we opened presents and just had fun!







The Wedding :)
WAIT!!! I do remember one thing in April!  My brother Brent married this super cool chick Kerina!  They even invited Allan and I to their way fun Vegas elopement :)



 After their wedding, we hit the Strip!  SO MUCH FUN!!!  Since I have lived in Vegas, I'm not that amazed by it.  But we went to so many cool places that I think I should visit there more often!




 This guy was walking up and down the strip with his BK crown on.  I decided that he's the king of everything!
 And hey, you can take your picture with a real, live leprechaun!
LOOK!  I found Elvis!  I knew he was still alive.  But there we like 50 of them so I think he's been cloned...


In June, we went to Moab, Utah for a family reunion.  I'd never been to Moab before and didn't really to know what to expect.  But you can't be bored at a family reunion, right?!  Well, we definitely weren't bored!!!  We had so much fun!  We went river rafting, to Arches National Park, to Canyonlands National Park, we even stopped in Green River Utah (Allan's grandma is from there) because we had a flat tire.  It was quite the adventure!



Arches National Park
Seriously, this place is RAD!!! 


The fam at Park Avenue.


Courthouse Towers.
Balanced Rock
Can't remember what this one is called but it's cool nonetheless!!! 

Again can't remember what this one is called...
 Hiking the North Window and the South Window Arches. My camera batteries died so we got to use my Blackberry phone for pictures.  They are just super great pictures, haha!  I'll never travel without batteries again!
 The boys hiked all over.  Mom sat down and watched...














 Don't lie.  You would take a picture too!  Allan couldn't stop laughing when I pointed out this particular rock um, formation...




Canyonlands National Park
The scariest place I've ever been.  I'm afraid of heights and this park scared the crap out of me! But we did get new batteries for the camera so no more lame cell phone pictures.



Allan found out that this place used to be a uranium mine.  What ever that is...

Carson and mom spent a lot of time in the truck due to mom being  a chicken  overly cautious.



River Rafting on the Colorado River
Again, seriously so, so cool!!!
I'm pretty sure at this point that our guide wanted to be done with us!!!  We were the pirates of the Colorado, tormenting every other raft on the river...

This was one amazingly fun, awesome, super RAD trip!   I can't wait to go back to Moab and do it all again!

St. Anthony Sand Dunes

I think it's pretty obvious that we LOVE the sand dunes.  In 2010, we went there almost once a month!  But my favorite trip that we take is to St. Anthony.  Even with the 12 hour drive that comes with it.  Even with Allan pulling the camp trailer and me pulling the sand rail trailer.  Yup, we drive in separate vehicles when we go to the dunes.  I think this is why Allan married me...

Caleb was borderline OBSESSED with the Tinnin's Honda 70.  They were nice enough to let him ride it all week.  :)
Kenzi had a hard time kick starting our Honda 450.  But practice makes perfect and she had mastered it in just a few hours!
Waiting for the sandrails...
We don't know why but a ride in the sand rail puts Carson to sleep every time!
In front of Egin Lake.  
Caleb wanted to ride with Tim.  
Awww....Cooper.
Hanging out at the playground!  Carson, Nick, Cy, Joie and Codi spent a lot of time here!
My absolute favorite picture I took of the whole time!  I LOVE it!
The toys.
Carson showing Michelle, Wendy and Savannah his tadpole that he caught.
Cooper and Caleb
Cooper loved the lake as much as he hates the pool!!!
Kenzi and Rion
Caleb showing dad his latest find at the lake, a leech.  Gross!
Cy, Nick, Carson and Caleb making a their own "pond" for the tadpoles.
Our camping spot.  I love full hookups!!!
The rest of our friends camping spots.
Going riding!  

Lake Egin, day 2.







MUD FIGHT!!!





Carson and Nick, floating away...But the water wasn't even up to my knees so they're safe!


How to properly wear your pants...sorry, this is an inside joke!!! BAHAHAHAHA!!!



Going to Choke Cherry...






Burned up sand buggy...
Dirt+Boys=Happiness


They're always finding something that needs to be fixed!
There's a group of kids looking for trouble!!!  Just kidding, they are so dang cute that I doubt they could ever cause any kind of trouble.
 Carson, all ready for his first time riding a 4 wheeler all by himself!
 Seth gives him the basics.

 And off he goes!!!



Nick's turn to ride!
Caleb LOVED Cy's 4 wheeler!

Carson and Kenzie go for a ride.
Carson waiting for his turn...

 Wendy and Michelle helping Carson get unstuck...
 Michelle rides with Carson
 Nick waiting patiently for his turn.  Nick is so nice that he let Carson ride his 4 wheeler!  Thanks Nick! :)
Nick and Michelle go for a ride together...
But the 3 wheeler wouldn't start so Michelle just jumped on with Nick!
Caleb jumping.  Brave kid!!!
The Tetons...I think!  Whatever they are, they're pretty!

It was a great trip!  We had such a good time that we stayed for an extra day.  Hopefully, this can be an annual trip that we take for the rest of our lives!!!

Allan's Birthday/Real Salt Lake Game
Somehow Caleb and I suckered Allan into spending his birthday (which happens to fall on Pioneer day) at a Real Salt Lake game.  He was a good sport about it though :)

 I LOVE the mohawk!  
Carson wasn't too thrilled about being on the bus that took us to the game.  He's weird like that...
My boys :)

Caleb and RSL
Hey Caleb!   Are you having fun?!
Awww...look how cute he is with that missing tooth!
 RSL warming up.



These people are CRAZY!!!


Nick is my homeboy!!!
Kyle Beckerman and his crazy hair!!!  He didn't play much, he had an ankle injury.
Robbie Findley.  He was nice enough to grace us with his presence...lol!

RSL vs. Chivas 
final score 1-1
 Fireworks after the game.



Well, that's about all that I've neglected to blog about!  2010 ROCKED and 2011 looks very promising!!!





1 comment:

Hopie said...

Ok, the "rock formation".... not quite the picture I would have taken but then again, I wouldn't be able to post mine!!! HEHEHE!!!! Thanks for letting me blogstalk you!!!