Caleb played on 2 different teams this year, both were SC Crew but he played in the U11 and U12 division. Basically, we ran from one soccer game to the next for 3 months of Saturdays! :) He absolutely loved it though so I'm not going to complain. Well not too much, anyway! Carson also played soccer. So here's the breakdown. 2 kids. 3 soccer teams. I've always said that having Caleb as my son was like having 2 kids. He's definitely proved to me that that statement is true this fall!
It's been an adjustment to go from grass to turf. They started the season really, really early this year (August) and the turf was really, really, REALLY hot! Plus, the field pretty much doubled in size. The boys were so dang hot! But they were tough and played their guts out despite the misery of the fields getting up to 150 degrees.
Taking a break under the sun shade at half time. Thanks to Cheyne and Susan Mcdonald for providing it for our team! If you live in St. G, be sure to use Speed Lube for all your oil changes! They sponsor our team and they ROCK!!!
Caleb also plays on the U11 team. This is the age bracket he should 'technically' play on but he's always played with the older kids. This team has been a lot of fun and has grown leaps and bounds this season!
Caleb has sported a mohawk this season. I love it! I can finally tell which one is my kid when he's on the field!
Caleb plays 2 games a day on Saturday. They are both at least an hour long. He plays almost the whole game when he plays on the U11 team and he plays at least half the game when he plays on the U12 team. It makes me tired just watching him! What a stud!
He has developed some fancy foot work this year. He has an uncanny ability to take the ball away from his opponent. It's pretty cool!
This picture was a complete accident but when I saw it I absolutely loved it. I'm seriously considering having it blown up and put on his wall. After I crop the guy in orange out...
I wish I had the endless energy that Caleb has!
Another one of my favorites! I love Jeremy's reaction to the missed goal! It's priceless :)
The one game he played without his mohawk.
Caleb was on FIRE during this game! He was stealing the ball left and right. Despite the fact that these boys TOWERED over him! Seriously, they are like 2 heads taller than he is! But the way he played, it didn't faze him. He just went for it!Did he steal that ball away from those giants?!
Why yes, yes he did!!! Go NINJA! (His nickname)
Nice kick dude!!!
Yes, he beat him to the ball!
Caleb kicked the ball, the goalie dropped the ball and then Dallen kicked it in!
It was a great season! We didn't take first, we ended up dead middle. But our boys are playing amazing and I think we'll rock in the spring! But the best part of our team is that the boys are all friends and so are the parents. We have the BEST soccer family in the world!























1 comment:
good looking boys, love love love the mohawk!
i am also really impressed with anyone who is a soccer parent, crazy weekends and schedules.
thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway...i will most def need to try their taco soup!
Post a Comment