Thursday, July 23, 2009

Can't we just stay home?

Seriously. I got the calendar out yesterday and I figured out that we have been out of town every other week since MAY! It has been crazy! Grandma's birthday party, Little Sahara Sand Dunes, Utah Summer Games, my weekend away with the girls and while I was gone, Allan took the boys to the beach in Cali, our trip to Idaho to go to St. Anthony's Sand Dunes and Yellowstone. We did all of that in less than 2 months. Needless to say, I'm not in any hurry to pack up the car and go anywhere else for a while!

HOWEVER!! I have really had the best time with Allan and the boys. I'm grateful that we are able to go on all these trips together, I love to spend time with them without having to worry about the everyday things. I love that I can just focus on having fun with them and all the rest can come later. It has been an great summer, I can't believe that school starts in 3 weeks! Summer went too fast this year.

In other news, I have been canning in between all this craziness! I have made apricot jam, canned apricots, and made salsa. I made 9 pints of salsa and I only have 4 left. Needless to say, I think I've finally found our salsa recipe! I have to be proud because there have been many failed attempts. Next comes the spaghetti sauce, lets hope I can get it right this year. I have either made awesome spaghetti sauce or it just sucks. No in between! So keep your fingers crossed for me. Most people think I'm crazy because I can my own stuff, but I truly enjoy doing it. Its relaxing for me. Weird, I know.

We have also discovered that Carson can swim! I had suspected that he could but it had been too cold to find out for sure. But he can touch in the shallow end now so we took off his life jacket and WHOO-HOO! The boy can swim! He is completely afraid of the deep end though. We'll see how long it takes for him to get over that fear. It didn't take Caleb very long...

Caleb is doing great. I really wish I could just take him to Never Never Land so he never has to get and older. I have really enjoyed age 9, I want to keep him this age forever! He bought himself a BB gun and he is so proud. He has been saving up for a few months and he finally earned enough money last week. The next thing on his agenda is a Ipod because I refuse to buy one for him. He is also playing indoor soccer this summer.

All in all, it has been a fun-filled, crazy at times, lots of driving, wonderful summer!

2 comments:

Hopie said...

YOU, my friend, are a busy girl!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have the BEST spaghetti sauce recipe. It comes from my uncle who is Italian and I seriously will just eat the sauce without pasta because it's that good. I want to try your apricot jam! I love apricots! And what a sumnmer...traveling is good, no matter where it is.