Friday, June 19, 2009

Finally! I can breathe...

We have just gone nonstop here at the Goeser house. There have been birthday parties (Grandma Henrie, Carson and me), a preschool graduation, several trips out of town, Utah Summer Games, a soccer party, combined with other daily activities that I won't bother to list because they are redundant!!

This is Carsons preschool graduation. Now I never took Carson for a shy kid but it seems he has stage fright....Notice the empty chair in the front. That's where Carson SHOULD be sitting.


Here he is, hiding out by the A/C unit. There was NO WAY he was going up there. Trust me, I tried bribing him with all sorts of stuff. He didn't even budge for a new game for his DS!
This is his graduation certificate. He wouldn't even go up and get it. So I did. Crazy kid! He just cracks me up!

This is Carsons 4th birthday party. We had a water party. We borrowed one of those huge water slides because there was no way I was watching ten 4 year olds in the pool.





These are my birthday cards and one of my presents. I had to have a picture of it before I opened it because Allan wrapped it up in some old mail and electrical tape. My husband cracks me up!

This is my other present. He wrapped it up in a blanket and handed it to me. I felt very loved on my birthday. My family made a big deal out of the whole day. Not that I'm getting any older or anything...

These are from the Utah Summer Games. Our boys had a heartbreaking loss of the bronze medal. They lost 3-4 in double overtime. But they played their hardest and we are so proud of them! I love our team, we have the best kids AND parents. All of the boys are friends and all of the parents are too.
This is the boys waiting to start the game. Caleb is #19 and he plays midfield. Caleb scored 2 goals which is so cool! We are so proud of him!
They boys trying to get a goal. They work really well as a team. Their coaches are training them to work as a team. Our boys can actually pass which is pretty unusual at this age. Most kids are still pretty individual players at this age but not our boys! They play like they are ready to play for Real Salt Lake! This is the coaches meeting with boys. Kasey Cottam(brown coat) is their coach and he is so great with the boys. He's not one of those coaches who screams and yells at the boys. He is a VERY patient coach and the boys respect him a ton.
This is Caleb marking up getting ready to steal the ball. It cracks me up that he is at least a head shorter than every kid! But I tell him the bigger they are, the harder they fall! Caleb is really good at stealing the ball away and getting it up field so they can score. He's not afraid to get in and take the ball!
Cooper. He is the official team mascot. Cooper loves to chase soccer balls and the Summer Games were like torture to him! He had to be on a leash and we wouldn't let him go get the soccer balls! We are just so mean...And yes, we gave him a green mohawk!
This was our first game we played in the Summer Games against Vernal. We won 4-1. The boys played like rockstars!
We also won our next game against Slash 4-1. Slash has always been the team to beat. We had never beaten them until Summer Games. Slash is in our Snow Canyon soccer club so we really do think they are awesome. But still, it felt good to beat them. Our next game was against Cedar and we lost by one. It was a bummer because we had just beat Cedar a few weeks before that. Our next game was against Real Azteca. These boys are just brutal. They play dirty and their parents encourage it. I honestly can't stand this team and hope our boys never have to play them again. They are big cheaters, they have been thrown out of a league for trying to play boys that are older than what the division allows. Needless to say, we lost against this team. But we have beat them before so I know our boys are better! They only win because they cheat and that's not how kids should be taught. Our last game we played was against Dixie Fire. This team is a really good team, we haven't beaten them yet! This was our medal game. We beat out 4 other teams to get there. Our boys played so great! But we had some tough breaks. We were leading by 2 points most of the game but we got a direct penalty kick in the goal box and so they scored. The other point happened because the ball bounced off one of our boys foot and went in the goal. The poor kid was so upset but hey, CRAP HAPPENS! So they got 2 lucky goals which sucks. But at the end of the day, our boys could hold their heads high because they played AWESOME. SC IVINS RULES!!

At the end of it all, I was exhausted! So were the boys. These are pictures of the boys taken right after all the craziness! Caleb is asleep on the family room floor. Cooper was asleep too but he woke up when I went for the camera. He didn't move though! Funny dog! He had found a warm body and he wasn't about to move!

Carson fell asleep at the dinner table. One minute he was throwing a fit that he didn't want to eat dinner, the next minute he was sound asleep! He is at my favorite age. I love 4.

It has been a pretty eventful and I prefer it this way! We have a bunch of other things planned for the summer too. We are taking a trip to St. Anthony Sand Dunes in Idaho. We will stay there for 3 days and then go to Yellowstone for 3 days. Caleb has summer camp next week. I have a Girls Trip planned. Then we have Allans birthday. Hopefully we will be helping my mom move back to Utah too, which thrills me to no end! My boys are sooo excited to have Grammy and Grandpa back! Keep your fingers crossed for us! It has been great summer so far!

2 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

I almost split a gut when I say Allan's wrapping job!!! What a creative husband you have. And at least he wrapped it? ;)

Wendi said...

Amy--I made my blog private. If you are interested I'll be happy to send you an invitation. Just email me with your address at brianwendi@msn.com