Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sigh....

Well, I guess its time to make this announcement.

We are moving.

Allan and I have been thinking about our kids and our future. We have a beautiful house with a beautiful yard and we are truly blessed . But there is something that is just not quite right with this picture. So after a lot of thought and prayers, and many talks with Caleb, and way too much stressing, we have decided that this is what is best for our family. It will be a nice change, to a place that is more in touch with our needs. We love the small town atmosphere and this town just ain't what it once was. To many rules and regulations to follow these days.

Where are we going? We have found 10 acres just outside Enterprise. For those of you who don't know where that is, it is a small community just north of St. George. It's about a 1 hour commute. We are actually excited to make this change, it seems to meet every want and need that we have. We are also nervous but in a good way I think. I will be sad to leave our friends, our ward and Caleb's school. But in the end, its all about what is best for the kids.

***A Note from Amy: I have had this sitting in my 'edit posts' since the 17th! It seems like when I post this, it will be real. I will miss all my awesome friends in Ivins but I'm only a phone call away! I'll be a trend starter and then you can all just move up there, LOL.... Don't forget me when I'm gone!***

Thoughts on the Goeser's moving?

Think we are crazy?

Have you ever wanted to run away from home?

Does the thought of middle school make you want to grab your kids and run for the hills because of the gangs and drugs that are becoming more prominent these days?

Do you think that I am nuts for wanting to keep Caleb on his competitive soccer team here is Ivins even though it means and hour drive to all his practices and games?

**Sorry about the double post. I wrote this several days ago and didn't realize they posted them by the date they were written**

3 comments:

Nat Nat said...

Nope I don't think you are crazy but you know me I am over protective mom. You have stressed over this for a long time and the day you called and said "that is it we made the decision" you sounded so different and totally at peace. You have to follow your gut and what you feel is the right direction for you.

As president Hinckley said "these things have a way of working out" What is meant to be will work out! Good luck with it all! I am exited for you!

Elder Larkin said...

Wow! Amy this will be a big change for you guys. Living on 10 acres sounds pretty good. After moving to a big city, I've thought more than once how I'd like to move away from all the business of modern life. Maybe to a third world country, or to a deserted island, and live off the land and leave it all behind...even for just a few years. Good luck to you guys. We always have bloggin' though, so I won't have to miss you too much, right?

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow big change for you! exciting and scary too! BUT if you feel good about it that is all that matters.
i do think drugs are everywhere. at my highschool 2 Jr. Highs fed into it, one was more ghetto and is where i went,drugs were there, but not as prevalent as the REALLY GREAT wealthier Jr. high. because in the ghetto, no one had the disposable income for it. and yet the richer school that was less ghetto had more problems with kids using drugs.

totally just my opinion though.
gangs, yeah those can be avoided kind of. but it doesn't hurt to find tolerance with everyone.

your kid isn't going to join a gang. normal, happy, athletic, kids don't . it's the misfits, with no parental involvement that find freinds in gangs, so they feel like they fit in with someone, and have people the identify with. kids that get that at home have no need for gangs.

i'll get off my soapbox. i'll battle that when i get there i think too.
and you are way dedicated to drive an hour for sports. i am not that good of a mom.