For Fathers' Day this year we went to Palisades State Park with our friends, the Kunka family and our new found friends, the Morgan family(s). It was so much fun! There is a lake all around the campground so our kids just played for hours. They got to go for rides in the canoe, jump off the dock,(see video) play at the park, catch minnows, attempt to catch overgrown goldfish (see video), go to the Manti Pageant, and just have a good time! It was awesome. I even got to do a little card making, something that I never get to do!
However, the last night ended up being kinda hard. Both Zach and I got the stomach flu. Yuck. I was up all night, sick, sick, sick! And so was poor Zach. I think even Noel had a touch of it.
So after a long night, we all woke up and went straight home. The kids and I slept almost the whole way home. I woke up right before we were almost home. I went up front to sit with Allan and then we heard this loud Bam! noise. I turn around because it sounded like a TV or something had fallen off a shelf. However, I quickly figured out that we had just blown a tire. Well, crap. So we slowly crept into town, thank heavens we had just blown one of the tires and not 2 (they are dually tires, 2 on each side). We got to the tire shop and got to replace all 4 tires because they were all shot. Double crap. However, there is an upside to a blown tire in a motor home. You can just turn on the generator and watch TV with the A/C on while the tires are being replaced. Carson slept through the whole thing and didn't even wake up until we were almost home. Caleb and I went over and got some Sonic. OK, I didn't have anything to eat but I did go over and purchased a most delicious drink. (One of these days I'm going to remember that they sell ice and buy a bunch of bags. )
So after a long night, we all woke up and went straight home. The kids and I slept almost the whole way home. I woke up right before we were almost home. I went up front to sit with Allan and then we heard this loud Bam! noise. I turn around because it sounded like a TV or something had fallen off a shelf. However, I quickly figured out that we had just blown a tire. Well, crap. So we slowly crept into town, thank heavens we had just blown one of the tires and not 2 (they are dually tires, 2 on each side). We got to the tire shop and got to replace all 4 tires because they were all shot. Double crap. However, there is an upside to a blown tire in a motor home. You can just turn on the generator and watch TV with the A/C on while the tires are being replaced. Carson slept through the whole thing and didn't even wake up until we were almost home. Caleb and I went over and got some Sonic. OK, I didn't have anything to eat but I did go over and purchased a most delicious drink. (One of these days I'm going to remember that they sell ice and buy a bunch of bags. )
All in all, it was a GREAT trip with awesome people. I look forward to many more camping trips with them!
Caleb and Zach Catching the "Big" Goldfish and Caleb and Zach Jumping off the Dock

3 comments:
Love the pictures. We had a great time. Hope you go with us again.
Hi, I stumbled across your blog through Cindy Larkin's blogroll and you have a darling family. Allan and I grew up in the same ward from the time I can remember and it is fun to see how his family is doing.
Your yard is beautiful! What a great place for kids to grow up.
Looks like fun! I didn't know you went to the pageant! We almost went too. We were just on the other side of your mountain. So close yet so far.
Glad you had a good time sorry about the tires. That is a mess!
Post a Comment