I've been accused of being too happy. A LOT. Especially in the last several months.
I'm sure that most of you have figured out that I've recently (for lack of a better word) "divorced" several members of my family. Why? Because I got tired of being used and then discarded like trash. Especially when the person who treated THEM like garbage deemed them fit to be back in her life, thus making me and my family unnecessary in their lives. I have literally rescued them from abuse, being homeless, ya know, major crazy things like that and then POOF! I'd get the big F-U from them and they're done with me (of course, only until they needed something. Than I was wonderful again.) I did this for YEARS and YEARS and I finally decided a few months ago that my kids and my husband should come first. So I stopped the rescue mission. Cold turkey.
So there's the back story to the "too happy" thing. Said family members like to say that I'm too happy. As in, I'm faking it. But in reality, I'm a happy person. A smile through the tears, glass is half full, everything happens for a reason, kind of girl. I guess that fact that I've made peace with my decision to cut them out of my life bothers them. But to have my happiness used against me, frankly, it bugs the hell out of me!
I came across a quote on Pinterest that sums it all up "There is a difference in giving up, and knowing when you've had enough." And I have had ENOUGH. Crap, I'd had enough 5 years ago. I don't miss the drama. I don't miss the backstabbing. And I don't miss getting my heart ripped out again and again.
So, here's the deal. I love my hubby so much that it's ridiculous. The word soul mate would fit in here, but I find that cheesy. We just understand each other and love each other. Every time Allan calls me (since he's in ground school, see posts below) he tells me how much he misses me, how much he loves me, how he can't wait to see me. Seriously, who doesn't want to be loved and adored like that? I know that I enjoy it and appreciate it to no end. So that shouldn't make me happy?! Because it does.
My kids are amazing. They entertain me, ALL THE TIME . They say funny things, they tell me funny stories, they are just the best little humans around. So I shouldn't be happy about that either? That I've given birth to two of the most incredible people alive? It thrills me to pieces.
Also, I believe that happiness is a choice. I choose to be happy. I DON'T choose to wallow in pity, sadness and heartache. And believe me, I've had my fair share to wallow in these past few years. I choose to rise up and be the person who God intended me to be.
So, answer me this:
Have you ever given up on someone because they suck you dry emotionally?
Do you think that you can be too happy?
Well, I'm going to bed to sleep off this moment. Here's to a HAPPY week!!!
Wood Mantle with Hidden Storage
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment