Lately, my life has been TOUGH (I want to say sh*t but my mom reads my blog...)
My heart was shattered (not by my hubby or my boys) into teeny, tiny pieces. I guess it's been a slow process actually. I should say that it's been getting chipped away, piece by piece, over the past year and a half. Needless to say, if it hadn't been for my husband and kids to pick up those pieces, and put me back together, I don't know how I would have survived it. Also, I've had some amazing friends and family who have let me whine endlessly about it.
So today, as I was pondering all the crap that is my life these days, I've decided that I'M SO OVER IT!!! Instead of letting these people repeatedly hurt me, I'm done. Finished. Bye. Gone. See ya.
I'm now focusing on the people who have made me feel loved, happy and safe and at peace. Because those are the people that matter.
Not the energy suckers. You know, the ones up for the Emmy for the MOST DRAMATIC PERSON IN MY LIFE. Because those people don't matter. There's a saying that I love. "Don't make someone in your life an priority, when you're only an option in theirs." (Or something like that. You get the gist of it, right?) All I've done is revolve my life around people who use me as an option. Only calling me when they want something, need something or to b*tch about how horrible their life is. Well, I'm not their therapist (and trust me, they all need one) getting paid to deal with their life choices. Suck it up and deal with it. I've had to, so why the hell haven't you?! Anyway, I digress....
I'm a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a friend. And those are the people who get my focus now. Peace and happiness are what my life is going to be focused on. Because you have to make yourself happy in order to be happy, right?
I'd also like to thank all the music on my iPod. ;) Music is my therapy, it always has been. Because sometimes you've just gotta sing at the top of your lungs to make you feel better. Well, it works for me...
And Allan. The man who held me as I sobbed. Told me that everything would be OK. When he was hurting just as much as I was. He is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I shudder to think where I'd be without that man. I love you. Forever.
My kids. My sunshine on a cloudy day. They can always make me laugh. They love me, even when I'm angry robot mom. They tell me often (and without coaxing) that I'm the best/coolest/nicest mom in the world. There are no words to how much these people mean to me. They are my world.
My mom. Who just listens when I need to vent. No judgement from her, just love and understanding. I know that I'm a good mom because I had a good mom. I love you mom.
My dad. He always let me know how proud he is of us. This is something that we don't hear from the flip side and it means the world to us. Because every kid needs to feel pride radiate from their dad. I love you dad.
My friends. The ones who love me no matter what. The ones who will understand what this post is all about. Thank you. You'll never know how much your friendship has meant to me. I know you'll know who you are when you read this.
And now, some awesome quotes that have made me smile, cry, or laugh out loud like a crazy lady :)
***I'm sorry about the potty words, but those have been flying out of my mouth like the wizard of oz monkeys lately. Perhaps some day I will clean up my mouth, but I'm not gonna lie. It probably won't happen any time soon...***
Wood Mantle with Hidden Storage
3 years ago
























2 comments:
Love you Amy! You deserve happiness.
For the record... I LOVE your potty mouth, your quotes, your attitude and your friendship!!! I love you to pieces!!!
Post a Comment