Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Time to spill the beans...

Well, it's going to get around eventually, so I'd better share our good news!

Allan has gotten a job at Skywest Airlines as a pilot!!!

We are thrilled with this new venture, it's been our goal for the past 11 years.  Allan got his commercial pilot license right before September 11th, 2001.  So needless to say, we knew he wouldn't be getting a job anytime soon after that tragedy.  So instead, we focused on our lawn maintenance business, putting all our efforts into growing it into a successful business.  And it did.  It grew and grew and we eventually added the landscape side to our business too.  But our goal was for him to fly, always.

I am so proud of Allan, he never gave up.  How many people do you know who would wait 11 years to reach their goal?  I'm so grateful that he's the kind of man who never gives up.  He is the best example for our sons, who will always know that they can do whatever they want, as long as they keep trying and NEVER give up.

So what will happen to our lawn care/landscape business (better known as Desert Sun Landscape)?  Well, since I'm so bossy, I'll be running it while Allan is out of town.  We built this business from the ground up together and I'm happy to step in and run it.  We also have amazing employees, we are so lucky to have such dedicated men.  Who are willing to deal with me ;)

So, there's the latest and greatest that's happening in our world.  LIFE IS GOOD!!!  Isn't it amazing how you can have the worst months of your life where everything goes wrong and then BAM!!!  Everything goes right! That's why I try to keep my happy face on, because things will eventually go right...



Exactly.

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

Sleepless In St. George said...

So excited for you guys! Way to go Allen!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome, Amy. To stick to that goal for 11 years is a big deal! Can't wait to hear more about your pilot. :)