Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fingerprints...

Today I was cleaning out my car for our anniversary trip to California.  As I was cleaning, I noticed how much cleaner it was than the last time I cleaned it (it doesn't get a lot of cleaning love in the summer because it just too dang hot here!) and I thought how that must mean that my kids are getting older and cleaner.  Except for all the fingerprints that we all over my windows.  Then BAM!  A memory from the past hits me like a ton of bricks!  

About 6 years ago, Caleb and I were with a 'friend', who doesn't have any kids and doesn't ever want any, (not friends with her anymore, she ended up being a psycho) driving down a dirt road.  Caleb was 4 at the time and I guess he was touching her windows and leaving fingerprints and she asked me to have him stop.  Now, I guess I don't notice fingerprints because they are everywhere in my world.  On the mirrors, on the walls, on the doors, on the windows, EVERYWHERE!  And I don't care because that's part of being a mom.  So needless to say, I was a little taken aback.  I asked Caleb to stop putting his hands on the windows while thinking the whole time  "We're on a dirt road and your worried about fingerprints?!" 

This story is another reason I am so grateful to be a mom!  If all I had to worry about in my life is where there were fingerprints, I would live a very sad life indeed.  Someday my boys will grow up and there will no longer be fingerprints and I have a sneaking suspicion that I will miss those fingerprints. 

3 comments:

{sheree} said...

Well said, Amy! :)

Hopie said...

Every time I wash fingerprints off stuff, I think that same thing!!!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

sweet post and so true! and LOVE the halloween blog makeover! CUTE!