Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Blog? What's a blog?

I'm a huge blog slacker lately. So here is what's going on in our little world lately. This is going to be a kind of random blog entry so prepare yourself!

Spring is hideously busy and now that I have some down time, I have immersed myself in projects that have been screaming at me for months now. I've organized our food storage room. I've started to reorganize my office. I've pulled pictures out so I can buy frames and actually put them on the wall. I've lived here for almost 4 years, maybe I should decorate? Plus, a thousand other little things that I've already forgotten about that have been done. I feel so accomplished!

I'm starting to mourn the loss of Carson going from a little kid to a "big" kid. He is on his last month of preschool ever and I'm so sad about it! His teachers are wonderful and I wish they could all just come with him to kindergarten in August. But on the upside of things, he is now big enough to do all the cool big kids stuff. I love that he is always willing to help out with the chores and helping dad in the shop. While I will mourn the loss of his "babyhood", I welcome the next stages in his life. Kindergarten, here we come!

Caleb is busy as ever! Sports, friends and going to the dunes. That's his life. I would like to think that his family ranks somewhere on that list! I guess we take him to the dunes so we have a place as well, haha! I'm kidding, he is a sweet kid who has a soft spot for his family :) He got a concussion yesterday so I'm his indentured slave today and I'm guessing for the rest of the week. He has been doing pretty well despite the fact that his head really, really hurts. But kids are resilient and Caleb is tough so I'm sure that he will get over it in no time and be back to his busy life. He is just finishing up 4th grade right now. I can't believe that I will have a kid in 5th grade in August! Time has flown way to fast for me. We also just finished up his spring soccer season and it was amazing. Our little team has grown up! They are all tough, seasoned players now and it's been an absolute blast to watch them play this spring. We will be going to the Utah Summer Games in June and I know they will do well.

Allan and I are keeping busy too. We have tried to enjoy every second of raising our boys because someday they will grow up and leave. I try to block that thought from my head often, refusing to believe that it will ever happen. They are going to be like Peter Pan and stay little forever, right?!

We have spent lots of time at the dunes this past year. Allan and the boys love to ride and I love that I can take naps or read often when we are there. At least we all can enjoy ourselves while we are there. Plus, the sand rail is only a little scary for me so I actually go on rides when we're there. And I only freak out a little bit when Allan goes up the hills, no more screaming and crying for me! OK, maybe a little bit of screaming but the rail is so loud that no one hears me anyway.

In other sad news, on March 28th, Allan's sister Malinda passed away because of her lifelong health problems. It's been a really tough loss for our family. It still seems very surreal, that she's going to call me up and then we'll go hang out. She left behind 2 beautiful daughters who were her world. Caleb was really close to his Aunt Malinda and is still very sad. He came out of his room the other day crying. When I asked him what was wrong he told me that he had been watching our old home movies and that Malinda was in them a lot and that he missed her so much. But I know that one day we'll see her again and that she'll greet us with that big, beautiful Malinda smile and all will be well.

Even though this last year has been touched with loss and tragedy, all in all, life is still good. We are still happy, healthy and blessed. My kids are amazing and I love them so much. They make everyday worth living! I'm married to the worlds greatest husband. Allan is the best dad in the world too. I consider myself one of the luckiest women in the world!!

1 comment:

Hopie said...

You make me happy!!!!