Carson got staples in his head last night. He is the most accident prone kid ever to walk the earth so I knew it would happen eventually. Surprisingly it wasn't really his fault, it was Cooper's. They were playing and Cooper knocked him into the coffee table.
Have you ever watched something happen to your kid and it was in slow motion? You saw it happening and you just couldn't stop it in time? That's how it was last night, it was CRAZY!! I tried to grab him but I just wasn't fast enough. So we took him into the kitchen and tried to get the bleeding to stop (if you've ever dealt with a head wound you know what I mean, blood everywhere!!) and then we saw the cut. Totally deep.
So we loaded Carson into the car and away we went to Instacare. They were super nice there and it put Carson at ease immediately. They didn't even give him shots for the staples, they used a numbing gel. Much better than shots, let me tell you! Then they put 3 staples in and we were done. It took less than an hour, it was amazing how quick they were. Carson came home and he was totally fine, like nothing ever happened! He played the Wii and then went to bed. He woke up and its been like any other day, thank goodness!
I was impressed by Caleb and his friends last night. They were really concerned about him and defended him when some other kids were laughing about it(they were playing night games when this happened and so I left Caleb with his friends and my friend Lisa watched out for him, thanks Lisa!!). When I talked to Caleb when we got home, he was really sweet and had to talk to Carson just to make sure he was OK. Then Caleb's friend Cody had to talk to Carson too. I'm so glad he has good friends! They got so mad at these other kids for laughing at Carson that they wanted to leave. So they called me and I went and picked them up and they hung out with Carson until it was time for Cody to go home.
Needless to say, I'm glad it's all over!

1 comment:
We've come a long way from shaving heads to do stitches, huh? As he heals, the staples will raise up a little, so be careful not to snag it on a comb or anything like that and when they take them out, it will pull his hair a little, but SOOOO much better then stitches!!!!! Glad he's ok!!!
Post a Comment